Wednesday, July 04, 2007

More Karate Video

I finally got a chance to upload the video from my most recent test for my third degree black belt. This was a self-defense demonstration with examples of defense against both armed and unarmed attacks. Just a warning: I don't think this is nearly as exciting as the previous month's board-breaking demonstration.

It's actually kind of funny to me to watch myself doing these moves. What seemed pretty exciting to be in the middle of looks kind of tame from the outside. Actually, if you think about it, that's the way it probably looks with a lot of things. I guess this is why we have focus groups and user testing. Those of us who are in the middle of the creation, whether it be programming software, putting in a garden bed, or creating a logo, are caught up in the act of creation itself, which makes it much more difficult to see it with an untainted eye.

Anyway, here's the video.

So, how do you look at your creations with an untainted eye?

No comments: