Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Catching Up

ketchupJust following up on a few previous posts.

The Cell Phone Blues

I wrote a short while ago about not being able to import my contact list into my new cell phone. I realize that cell companies have no real incentive to support you after you've already signed up, but I thought it a bit rude that something so obvious seemed to be ignored.

Well, it turns out that they didn't ignore it. A few hours after posting that entry, I received a response from the support request that I had placed on the Verizon site. They do indeed have such a facility...

... and they'll sell it to you for $24.95.

Fortunately, my buddy Al pointed me to the Howard Forums, where the user community has gathered everything you could possibly want to know about the cell phone industry. I started reading in the section devoted to my phone, the LG enV and within twenty minutes had found a free application called BitPIM which did everything that I needed and more.

New E-zine Issue Released

My report about the Howard Forums above is the core of my article for the most recent issue of the "Clearing Up the Confusion" E-Zine. I sent out Volume 1, Issue 2 shortly after midnight, right on schedule. Well, that's two out of two! Really, the process of creating and mailing out an e-zine is much easier than I thought it would be. I wish I had started a long time ago.

If you are interested in subscribing, go to the subscription page and follow the instructions there.

Still Waiting...

For those who were interested, I still haven't heard back from Concordia University. I presented a proposal to update their web presence at their business school on Thursday morning. I'm guessing that, in this case, no news is not necessarily good news. The project does have a time crunch, so I can't imagine that they would really want to delay any longer than necessary.

Ah, well, at least it's a better quality of rejection than I'm used to. ;-)

So, what's the coolest website, application, or online toy you've found out on the Web?

No comments: