Monday, September 17, 2007

Business Update

Cyber Data Solutions LogoIt's been a while since I posted an update on how things are going with Cyber Data Solutions. We've (and I'm using the royal "We" here) had a number of developments recently

First off, I finally got around to setting up CDS as an LLC. This is something that I've been meaning to do for quite a while now -- at least since I went full time in January. I had it all built up in my head as this big difficult thing to do that I would probably need a lawyer to help me out. Well, it turned out that I did need a lawyer, but only because the process was so simple that I didn't believe it. Honestly, it's about as difficult as filling out your name, address, and the new company name on a form and sending it in (with appropriate payment, of course) to the state of Michigan.

Next, I just picked up a new project with Defrost Design. For those who've been reading for a while, you'll remember Defrost as the design company with whom I worked on the Michigan Venture Capital Association's website. They did all the heavy lifting to make a gorgeous website. Then I came in to build some if the back end systems. The new project is fairly similar, though on a larger scale. This one will also be using Flash as the front end technology. Should be an interesting site when it's all done. I'll let you know when there's something to see.

I'm still attending Chamber events among other networking opportunities. In fact, I'm scheduled to work as an Ambassador for the Wednesday "Morning Edition". It's the monthly Chamber networking breakfast held at Weber's Inn at 7am. They always have good speakers and usually there's a pretty good crowd of people who are ready to network. Hope to see you there!

So, what was the last good networking event that you attended?

No comments: