Friday, October 27, 2006

If My Blog Could Talk

Talkr LogoThis morning I was listening to a MarketingMonger podcast interview of Chris Brooks of Talkr (yes, I spelled that correctly, how could you question me?). Before I go any further I've got to say that the MarketingMonger Guy, Eric Mattson, has got some great interviews on his site. If you've got an MP3 player (iPod or otherwise), you might want to look through his offerings. He's even got an interview with one of my personal heroes, Scott Ginsberg.

Back to my original point (and I do have one), if you write a blog, you can now have an automated podcast. Talkr.com offers a service which will distill the written genius of your blog into an audio track that your loyal followers can download into their MP3 player.

Signing up for your account is free and there are instructions on the Talkr site which explain how to incorporate this into your blog. The process is remarkably simple. In about 20 minutes I had a working "podcast" of my blog. In fact, if you look at the bottom of this post, you will see a link to "listen". Give it a try.

Now, there is one caveat. The audio is automatically generated. You can tell that the voice is computerized. Still, the technology has come a long way since Joshua asked "Would you like to play a game?" If you are a blogger, it's probably worth your while to check it out.

Do you listen to web-based audio programs (podcasts)? If so, which ones? If not, why not?

No comments: