Monday, October 23, 2006

Hey, I Know "That Guy"!

Scott's Book: How to Be That GuyI really enjoy Scott Ginsberg's take on life. I just finished reading his latest book, "How To Be That Guy". Good stuff.

In 47 short chapters (some only a page), Scott provided me with an amazing number of little (and several not-so-little) "a-ha" moments. He definitely put me to work to figure out how I'm going to be "that guy".

Scott and Greg at the Women Mean Business ConferenceI actually got to meet Scott at the annual Women Mean Business conference that was held down in Toledo, Ohio on September 22. Scott gave the morning keynote speech and got us all worked up and energized for the rest of the day. His humorous and insightful stories kept us all enthralled. One of my favorite parts was when he had us all take the quiz on approachability that he created for Cosmopolitan magazine. Imagine my delight when I discovered that I was a "one woman welcome mat"!

I've said it before, and I'll keep on saying it: If you get a chance, read Scott's stuff. You can find a great sampling of his material on his website and on his blog. If you get a chance to hear him speak (or if you are looking for a great speaker for an event you are arranging), run, do not walk, to get your spot in the audience. I speak from experience here. After Scott gave the keynote, he also presented one of the breakout sessions. If there had been a fire marshall around, I'm sure that we would have been in big trouble, based on the number of people who were trying to cram themselves into the room.

So, how can you be "That Guy (Gal)?"

No comments: