Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Bright-eyed and Bushy-tailed

I was up bright and early this morning to attend the Ann Arbor Chamber's "Morning Edition" gathering. This is a monthly event held at Weber's Inn on the west side of "A-squared". I'm an Ambassador for the Chamber, which means I got to get there especially early (6:30am) to help set up. I don't mind telling you that, being a programmer at heart, usually the only time I'm up that early is when I haven't gone to bed yet.

I had the best time!

It's funny, but that shared experience of being up so early in the morning led to a real feeling of camaraderie amongst those of us who were setting up for the hordes to follow. I've only been in the Ambassador Corps for a few months now, but I can already tell that I have entered into a special group of people who really know how to work cheerfully as a team.

The other cool thing about being there early was that I got a chance to chat with some of the early guests and really get to know them. I ran into Dr. Joseph Koob, author, lecturer, and founder and president of DifficultPeople.org. He speciallizes in helping people in all walks of life deal with difficult people, whether they be client, co-worker, or boss. Now I know that most of you don't have any difficult people in your life, but, just in case, you might want to go check out his site. He also told me that some of his books will be soon coming out in trade paperback. Look out for those!

Anyway, if all goes as planned, tomorrow I'll report on the first day of my retreat for the Leadership Ann Arbor course that I'm taking this year. Stay tuned!

So, who have you met recently who made you want to talk about them?

No comments: