Saturday, February 09, 2008

New Year, New Goals

So, we're already more than a month into 2008. How are your annual goals going

As I mentioned last year, I don't do the "New Years Resolution" thing. Instead I create a list of 101 goals for the upcoming year. I got the idea from an article I read by Scott Ginsberg (OK, I promise that this is the last time I'll mention his name, this week). They range from the seemingly trivial (hang a plateholder for Lisa), to the daunting (complete my 600th blog post -- this is 310) to the fun (attend DragonCon).

The thing about creating 101 goals is that you really have to dig deep to come up with that many. Even if you don't accomplish every single one (heck, I only hit about 50% last year) the very act of setting them can open windows on your deepest desires for your life.

And, really, if I hadn't set them last year, would I even have gotten to those 50 items? Maybe, maybe not.

So, give it a shot. Let your creativity run wild and see if you can come up with 101 goals for the rest of this year. You'll be pleased with the results, I promise.

Oh, and why 101? That last one is "To create a list of 101 goals." Might as well start with some success!

So, do you have a written list of goals for the year?

No comments: