Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Snow Day!

Southeast Michigan is getting a little bit of a snowstorm right now. Looking out my office window I can see the snow flying past in the light of the street lamps. It's been falling since around three this afternoon.

The funny thing is, I've had several meetings set up for this afternoon and evening. All of them canceled due to the inclement weather. Suddenly I found myself with unscheduled time. I had a Snow Day! I don't think I've had one of those since high school. U of M never closed. In the twenty-one years that I either attended classes or worked there, I don't remember a single official inclement weather day. If we didn't think we could make it in, we either arranged to work from home or took a day of precious vacation.

Now, of course, as a self-employed person, I don't really have a true Snow Day. There's always work to do. Still, it felt a bit like one. Before the snow got too bad, I went out to run a few errands and took some time to sit and enjoy a chat with Lisa. Not quite the hours of sledding I would have indulged in as a kid, but still kind of a fun release.

Ironically, tomorrow is supposed to be our next Leadership Ann Arbor class -- Education Day. If the snow keeps falling like this all night, I may have a Snow Day tomorrow, too!

So, when was the last time you had a Snow Day? What did you do?

No comments: