Thursday, May 24, 2007

Seth Godin: Beat Mediocrity!

On Tuesday I saw Seth Godin give a presentation at the Michigan Theater.

Overwhelming.

I had six pages of notes and that didn't even scratch the surface of what he was saying. So much of it was relevant and important and could have a great impact on my business and even my life.

If only I could remember it all.

Glancing through my notes (some of which are completely incomprehensible to me even though I wrote them), the overarching message I get is that I have a choice. I can choose to be the best or I can choose to be average. The former is the path to true success.

The trick is that you can't be the best at everything.

So, what do I choose to be that thing at which I will excel?

I'll let you know when I figure that out.

So, what are you the best at? How do you know?

No comments: