Thursday, October 26, 2006

This is Just Neat

Google LabsI love Google.

There. I've admitted it. Oh, I know they are planning on taking over the world, but who isn't?

They build cool toys and I love toys. I've had a Google home page for quite a while now. I love having my personal links, feeds from blogs, the weather and a quote of the day appear before me each time I open a new browser window. Before I had the home page, I was using Google almost exclusively as a search engine (though I've branched out in recent months to include Wikipedia).

I use Google calendar -- easy to use and ties in with my Gmail account. I have my comic book collection recorded in a spreadsheet that I keep in Google Docs & Spreadsheets. I often choose Google Maps over MapQuest, and I've even played around with Google Earth (ever since they came out with a Linux version).

Heck, Every once in a while, I stop in at Google Labs, just to see what sorts of new things are coming up. In fact, that's how I began to use Google Reader, a simple, but effective blog aggregator. Now, instead of clicking all over the Web to read my blogs, I go to one place and see all of the newest and latest right there.

Now, I'm sure you have your own preferences for many of these things and that is totally cool. After all, it's those other companies coming up with new gadgets which keeps Google cranking out the new toys for me.

So, do you use any of the Google tools? What about tools from other companies, like Yahoo!? What do you like best about them?

No comments: