I have really been enjoying using the Google personalized homepage. The gadgets I've found there have made me a lot more effective at what I do. Oh, sure, it has all of the stuff you would expect in a configurable homepage (news feeds, weather forecast, etc), but it has so much more!
Some of my favorite tools so far:
- To-do lists -- Pretty much your basic prioritized list. Nothing too complex, but eminently useful.
- Google Reader gadget -- Shows you the headers for the unread items in your Google Reader.
- Google Notebook gadget -- Easy access to the snippets of info that I've grabbed from around the Net.
- Joe's Goals -- A pictorial representation of how well I'm doing reaching my personal goals.
- Google Calendar Schedule -- A list of my appointments from my favorite calendar site.