Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Not the Only Reason...

I mentioned a few weeks back about my visit to the American Red Cross to give a pint of my precious blood. As I'm sure you already know, there are any number of altruistic reasons for making a donation, not the least of which is that your one donation can save up to three lives. You've heard that all before, so I'm not going to preach. Now I'm going to give you another reason:

Free stuff

OK, I'm not talking about the cookies and juice (though I do enjoy those, too!). What I'm referring to are the free gifts that they give you for dropping by. Over the past several years, I've received t-shirts, tote bags, and collectible pins. This last time I went, I was allowed to choose one of eight different events and receive two free tickets. I just got mine in the mail the other day. Looks like Lisa and I get free entry to the local Renaissance Festival. Should be a ton of fun!

What's the best promotional gift you've ever received?

1 comment:

Larc said...

Let us know when you're going, maybe we'll meet you there!