Monday, April 17, 2006

A Great Read

I just finished a super book called "The Power of Approachability" by Scott Ginsberg.

I'm going to have to read it again.

This book is so chock-a-block full of good information that it was like drinking from the firehose. Scott has ideas on presenting yourself in email, on the phone, and in person with the goal to be more approachable and to create unforgettable first impressions (and that's unforgettable in a good way -- not like the time that guy at the office party smeared potato salad in the boss's hair).

Scott is somewhat famous as "that guy with the nametag". For the last five years he has worn a nametag 24/7. He wrote about the experience in his first book called "HELLO, My Name is Scott" -- a book I fully intend to buy. I am also listening to one of his audio programs, "How to become a Networking Superhero", from which I have gotten several great ideas on how better to meet and build better mutually beneficial relationships in the business networking environment. I'm really looking forward to using some of his ideas in the area of building relationships via the Internet.

If you get the opportunity, I highly recommend picking up "The Power of Approachability". Even if you don't think you require it in the context of your business life, the tips on starting conversations alone will more than pay for the price of the book.

What books are you reading right now? Would you recommend them?

No comments: